Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Vendor Interview- Atelier Blythe


1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?

    Hi! I’m Sharon (sassybead) Sears. I’m from the beautiful city of Seattle.

2. What do you make for Blythe?

    I love to make all kinds of things for Blythe, and I sew and knit for her. At my Blythecon table, you will find raincoats and hats, fancy knitted berets, pretty Mighty Nighties, and a steampunk outfit or two.

3. Where can we find your creations?

    I have a shop on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AtelierBlythe


4. What are your main influences?

    Vintage fashions are a huge influence for me. I love color too, so that will often influence the direction my projects take. There are many wonderful Blythe artisans whom I admire as well!

5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?

    My friend Heather in California introduced me to Blythe. She and a friend wanted to get the SBL Prima Dolly collection (Ashlette, Violetta, and Ginger), and Heather asked me if I wanted to buy Ashlette so that we each had one. A few explorations on the Web, and I was sold! I’m one of those people who can say I’ve never looked back since that day. 

6. Do you collect anything else?

    I do have other doll collections - Monster High and mini Lalaloopsies, Liddle Kiddles. I also love demitasse cups and saucers. Oh and fabric… yarn… but those don’t count if they’re materials for my shop do they?

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?

    In addition to sewing, knitting, and beading, I also tat. And, I played the violin all through school.

No comments:

Post a Comment